We are continually monitoring the coronavirus pandemic and closely follow the safety guidelines of the UK Government, NHS, the General Chiropractic Council and British Chiropractic Association in order to keep our patients, staff and wider community safe.
What we are doing to keep everyone safe
- Patients are advised to come at the time of their appointment and not earlier in order to avoid crowding in the reception area.
- Patients will be asked to wash their hands upon entering the clinic. We will provide single use paper towels to dry hands.
- Our staff will diligently disinfect all contact surfaces in the treatment rooms and reception area between every appointment. Once completed, the receptionist will inform the patient they can make their way to the treatment room. Time spent with patients will be minimised outside the treatment times provided.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for patients and staff.
- All therapists will wear PPE consistent with government and their professional governing body’s advice for all appointments.
- Receptionist will wear face shields when interacting with patients. We ask that patients maintain social distancing during these interactions.
- Unfortunately, we will not be providing refreshments during this period.
Ventilation within clinic
The clinic has an active ventilation system that moves fresh air around the building.
Paying and Booking Appointments
- The durations of all treatment times will be extended from pre-covid times. This is to allow adequate time for taking payment and cleaning so that there is no cross over between patients.
- Wherever possible, appointment times will start promptly. If you are late for your appointment, we may need to reduce the treatment time to ensure there is enough time to collect your belongings, take payment and clean the room and equipment before the next patient. If you are late for your appointment, we reserve the right to charge the full treatment cost, even if your treatment needs to be cut short.
- We would prefer to accept card payments only and request that cash payments be kept to a minimum.
How our patients can help keep everyone safe
- If you have had any symptoms of coronavirus or have been in close contact with someone who has please do not attend clinic and make sure you’re self-isolating according to government guidance.
- If you are unsure of the main symptoms of coronavirus, they can be found here
- With your permission, we will check your temperature using an infrared forehead thermometer and welcome you in if the reading is 37.7 degrees or less.
- Please do not be offended, if before each treatment we ask you if you are feeling unwell, have a temperature or a cough. If this is the case, we will not be able to perform the treatments.
- All patients must attend their appointment wearing a mask to protect their own, and their household’s health. If you do not have a mask, or forget, one can be provided for 50p. Please inform the receptionist immediately if you do not have a mask with you.
- Please maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Please avoid touching things unnecessarily during your time in clinic.
- Wherever possible we ask that patients attend their appointment alone. Exceptions to this rule apply to couples living together who both have appointments on the day, or parents with young children. Please do not be offended if our receptionist asks any additional people to wait outside whilst you attend your appointment.
- To reduce the risk of cross contamination we politely ask that patients minimise the number of belongings they bring with them to appointments.